ABSEILING AND AID CLIMBING
Abseiling and Aid Climbing capabilities
Using our specialist abseiling and aid climbing capabilities, Intergroup can carry out inspection and maintenance tasks in difficult to access environments.
- Building and structure cleaning – internal and external
- Abrasive blasting and water jetting of structures
- Mechanical preparation
- Applying sealants and protective coatings
- Anchor point certification
- Surface inspection and reporting
The comprehensive training and certifications held by our specialist staff include:
- Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA)
- Industrial Rope Access Association of New Zealand (IRAANZ)
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Oil and Gas UK (OGUK, formerly UKOOA) medical examination
- Working at heights and fall arrest
- Confined space entry
- First aid
Other service options
- Transport, delivery, dewatering, treatment and consented disposal of waste.
24/7 emergency response:
- Rostered call-outs and surge capacity for availability, every time.
Total project management:
- Condition assessment, budgeting and maintenance planning right through to works management, fiscal control and quality assurance (to international standards).
Benefits to you
Cost-Effectiveness, Speed and Efficiency
- No need to erect scaffolding – save time and money
- Fast set-up allows us to perform tasks in small windows of opportunity
- Ongoing investment in new equipment and up-to-date technology for optimal efficiency
- Environmental processes tailored to your specific situation
- Industry-leading waste removal and disposal capabilities for compliance with environmental requirements
- Specialised access solutions allow through inspection and maintenance of areas that would otherwise be inaccessible
- Methodologies are tailored to suit your needs, budget and programme
- Highly trained staff are fully equipped to deliver the results you require
Risk Reduction and Reputation
- Comprehensive Health and Safety system focussed on zero harm outcomes
- Professional staff reinforce your corporate image in the public eye
Success stories to date
The industrial services our specialist access capabilities allow us to provide are many and varied. Examples include:
- Onshore and offshore tank cleaning
- Penstock inspection
- Cooling tower inspection
- Silo cleaning
- Removal of marine growth and corrosion
- Marine vessel coating refurbishment
For example, using rope access, we are able to deep clean and decontaminate the forepeaks in oil tankers. Using scaffolding in this particular case would have been difficult, and presented safety risks. Our IRATA qualified staff completed the work, which involved confined space entry, in accordance with our customer’s permit system.
By using rope access instead of scaffolding we reduced cost and risk – and produced project outcomes that left our customer very satisfied.