REGENERATIVE ROAD SWEEPING
STREETS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
Intergroup has 30+ years of road sweeping experience across New Zealand. Our road sweeping service has also involved work in urban environments requiring a high level of traffic management and noise control. Using Intergroup as your street cleaning provider will put you on the road to success.
Read also: Mechanical Road Sweeping
- One-off or cyclic road sweeping
- 24/7 emergency response
Our regenerative road sweepers employ a closed loop, constantly re-circulating (regenerating) their air supply internally while cleaning.
The air is forced down onto the pavement on one side of the sweeping head, travels across the width of the head (collecting debris as it goes due to the air-swirling action of the head), and is then sucked up the pickup hose on the other side. Debris is removed from the air by centrifugal separation and retained in the hopper.
Gutter brooms on both sides of the machine help to brush material accumulated against the kerb into the path of the sweeper.
Compared with other sweepers, regenerative road sweepers have the following benefits:
- They can cover a wider road area
- Because they air blast the pavement across the entire width of the sweeping head, they are also recognised as achieving a more thorough cleaning job over the entire pavement surface covered
- They can pick up smaller particles of debris – which are a leading cause of stormwater pollution and can also contribute to reduced air quality
- The closed-loop prevents dust-laden air from being exhausted back into the atmosphere
- They are less expensive to operate and maintain (with fewer moving parts) meaning savings can be passed on to customers
They can cover a wider area because they air blast the pavement across the entire width of the sweeping head.
For this reason, they are typically considered the most effective sweeper type for areas requiring high-quality cleaning, such as:
- General urban street sweeping
- Residential street sweeping
- State highway and tollway sweeping
- Motorway sweeping
BENEFITS TO YOU
Cost-Effectiveness, Speed and Efficiency
- A one-stop shop for all your road maintenance needs (sweeping and drainage maintenance)
- Logical and efficient cleaning regimes tailored to your needs, budget and programme
- Efficient truck utilisation – we select the right plant for job from our wide range of fleet
- Regenerative sweepers – full-width sweeping for speed and cost-efficiency
RISK REDUCTION AND REPUTATION
Risk Reduction and Reputation
- Removal of smaller particles of debris to reduce stormwater pollution
- Air recirculation in a closed loop reduces air pollution
- Containment of waste for safety and environmental protection
- Consented in-house dewatering, screening and mixing plant for waste minimisation
- Staff trained in safe work practices and traffic management
- Regular, quality maintenance will minimise flooding events, inconvenience and complaints
- Road sweeping and roadside drainage maintenance for Auckland Council/Transport and predecessors for the last 30 years – nobody knows the Auckland network better
- A direct road maintenance contract with Tauranga City Council
- Subcontract road maintenance services in Auckland, Christchurch and Taupo to large contracting companies such as Downer, Fulton Hogan, Transfield Services and HEB